The much anticipated 46th edition of Media Expo opened its doors today, welcoming its visitors to a flurry of innovative displays from 159 exhibitors in the indoor, outdoor advertising, media printing and signage segment.
The trade fair that opened today at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai was inaugurated by eminent members from the industry, including:
· Mr Vardhaman Shah, Managing Director, Suresh Indu Laser
· Mr Deepak Gupta, Director, Sunsign Technologies
· Mr Vitesh K Sharma, Country Manager – Greater India, HP India Sales Pvt Ltd
· Mr Tejasa Purandare, Executive Director, Cosign India Pvt Ltd
· Mr Deborshi Paul, Business Head, Apsom Infotex
· Mr Pradipta Chowdhury, National Head – Graphics Division, Fuji Film Pvt Ltd
· Mr Santosh Nair, Associate Director – Business Strategy, DCC Print Vision LLP
· Mr Michael Dehn, General Manager – Sales & Marketing, Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt Ltd
· Mr Winston Pereira, General Manager, Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt Ltd
Retaining participation from top brands like Hewlett Packard (HP), Fujifilm, Colorjet, Ace Infotex, Mimaki, Negi, and Aestrik Techno Signs, the fair has also garnered fresh participation from other leading brands, including Shiruni Overseas, Yu Hai Technology, Treckwin, Tes Packaging, M-Treck, Wide Design, Aerolam, Lintec India, AM Laser Tech, and Sibco Overseas. This gave the visitors an access to new product showcases, technologies, and numerous running machines for demonstration.
Some of the product highlights from the first day of the trade fair include:
- The Dimense printer by Apsom Infotec allows continuous printing and embossing simultaneously at up to 30-sqm/hr speed with a print width of 1.6-m. It uses latex eco-friendly inks and PVC-free structuring eco-deco media that provides a highly-durable output and does not fade under direct exposure to light media
- Mimaki and Handtop UV printers by Silicon Infotech which can execute high-speed UV spot printing along with cutting, branding and embossing functions effective in label, signage and wallpaper industries, along with proofing and corporate gifting
- Platinum PCT by True Colours Solutions and Technologies India is an eco-friendly printer first in class for corporate application. Its heavy duty structure and design can render 24x7 operation with high-stability
- Eco-friendly and PVC free digital wall media film by Digiwrap is water and UV resistant. Applied with water pressure, the film can adapt to the shape of outdoor walls or any non-flat surface
- The new UV Coated Glossy Sun board is an ideal replacement for acrylic sun boards and 60% cheaper as compared. The product can be used for letter cutting, making front lit boards as well as designer grills by Raj incorporated
- Lintec Ultra Clear Films by Lintec India is an inkjet printable media with scratch-resistant coating and UV-CUT property that blocks harmful UV rays, it is made from eco-friendly polyester film and is available with both permanent and removable adhesive
- Eurolite PVC Free Vinyl with grey adhesive back is a great eco-friendly alternative for PVC Vinyls. The application areas include: Retail showroom branding, exhibition posters, in-shop displays, POPs, as well as other indoor-branding and wall-graphic applications by Aditya Digital Technologies
- The new eco-friendly and energy efficient UV LED digital inks for various heads is infused with LED curable innovation and renders vivid colour and brightness by Afford Digital Inks
- The XIS Magnus 4V Digital Flatbed UV printing machine which can render high-resolution printing on any flat surface by Axis Enterprises
Having established a fitting atmosphere for pitching collaboration, strengthening networks, and sharing of insights, the opening day of Media Expo at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai has proven to be a prominent venue for witnessing trendsetting capabilities and exploring various opportunities emerging across the print media, signage, and digital advertising platforms.
The day however is far from over, as the launch of the very first Media Expo Excellence Awards (MEA) 2020 will mark the beginning of a fabulous evening celebrating innovations in OOH. MEA 2020 is all poised to present an ambient platform for brands, vendors and creative agencies to get recognised for their inventive endeavours in campaigns imbibing an innovative as well as a sustainable approach. With the standards for evaluation set in place by Ernst and Young, entries with the most spectacular campaigns are set to be awarded on stage before the “who’s who” of the industry based on the results submitted by the jury panel.
Media Expo 2020 will continue its stint of delivering significant value to all its exhibitors, visitors, and the other stakeholders over the next two days of the show through its array of innovative displays and business opportunities.
Press information and photographic material:
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,600* employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €733* million. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
* preliminary figures 2019